Seeing Sound mixes science, technology, art, and interactivity.
We conduct science experiments where children can see sound and interact with it.
Seeing Sound involves:
1.a discussion about vibration
2. making slime (oobleck)
3. making the slime dance using loudspeakers
4. making sand pictures using a Chladni plate and iPads
Seeing Sound takes children from Ecstasy to Awe!
It also demonstrating the unbreakable link between Movement and Sound and is guaranteed to surprise!!
- vibration & sound workshop (ages 5-12 yrs)
AquaSonics is an amazing physics workshop where we explore the nature of water, sound, and colour
1. exploring vibration in strings
2. exploring vibration using water and ultra violet fluids
3. mixing colours using vibration
4. making musical glasses
AquaSonics is a weird, wonderful, watery environment that links electricity, mechanics, music, and light.
- water, vibration, and colour mixing workshop (ages 5-12 yrs)
We introduce the children to electronic music using technology.
Children will use iPads, Launch Pads, Samplers, Wii Remotes, and Microphones.
DJ for a Day involves:
1. using iPads and Launchpads to create energetic music
2. using a Wii remote to make sounds
3. recording voices using a microphone
4. transform those voices into giants, monsters, or chipmunk sounds
Children will use Microphones, Wii Remotes, iPads, Launch Pads, Samplers to make energetic sounds!
The session is in the format of a game using giant dice and flexing their math muscles.
Putting focus on music performance, music making, and creativity this also involves listening, quick thinking, team work, and fun!!
Parents will be able to stream or download the music we create from The Sonic Kitchen’s website free of charge.
DJ for a Day
- music technology workshop (ages 5-12 yrs)
Leaping Frogs is an exciting physics environment.
We explore electricity and air pressure, and at the same time have loads of fun!
Leaping Frogs involves:
1. children making electricity and exploring air and pressure
2. generating electricity using a hand cranked generator
3. blasting objects to great heights (e.g plastic frogs)
4. team work
Leaping frogs is an amazing physics environment.
Allowing children to explore cause & effect, work & energy, electricity & air.
Ultimately, the drama of life!!
elecTrick is a looking glass into the wonderful world of electricity and electronics!.
1. an intriguing electricity presentation!
2. children making their 1st electric circuit
3. attaching an LED light and/or buzzer
4. powering an LED with batteries and potatoes!
5. children can keep their circuit
elecTrick is a brilliant way for children to see the beauty and practical application of electricity. It involves control, wonder, and new ideas!